The day is finally here! I’ve officially completed the 21 Day Fix.
Since I’m starting right in tomorrow on Weight Watchers, I figured I’d post my results tonight.
A few things before I go into it (some of which I’ve already touched on in past posts)…
- I did not use Shakeology or do the 21 day fix workout dvd’s. I did my own workouts 2-3x a week.
- I didn’t cheat… at all. I didn’t go off the plan whatsoever. Which was really hard, but I wanted you guys to get the full effect and correct results of using the containers.
- I’m not endorsed by 21 Day Fix or Beachbody, so this is my honest feedback.
Here goes nothin…
My first day on this diet was January 9th. I took my measurements and weight that day. This is a tough one for me, sharing my weight. I don’t even like my doctor seeing my weight. It’s stupid – but true.
Weight is just a number, I know… but it’s a very personal and taboo thing… Especially for women.
My height is a little over 5’6…
My starting weight (1/9): 183.2 lbs
My new weight (1/29): 175.6 lbs
For a total weight loss of: 7.6 lbs
My measurements when I started, and today’s:
I lost a total of 5 inches and 7.6 lbs in 21 days. I’d say I’m pretty happy with that considering I’m not obese to start with.
My main pros and cons of this diet.
– It’s a great diet to kick off your weight loss journey because it teaches you portion control
– It has you eating only “clean” foods
– I learned what agreed and disagreed with my body… for example: beans and bread. I had a black bean burger on a whole wheat bun about a week into the diet and even though I stayed within my containers, I felt very bloated.
– My bowel movements were a lot more pleasant and normal. I only had IBS symptoms 3-4 times total in 21 days, versus having about 3-4 in ONE WEEK.
– My heartburn was barely existent. I didn’t even take my Zantac every night and I was fine! This probably has to do with clean eating and not eating more than my stomach can properly digest.
– You feel limited. 1/4 cup of cheese is not a lot. 1 banana is 2 fruit containers.
– You have to plan. Meal plan for the week so you know when to use certain containers (I usually saved my carb containers for the evening – sweet potatoes, bread, rice, etc.)
– You don’t have as much energy as you usually would for exercise. There were a few times I felt too weak to continue a workout.
– I went to bed hungry many nights… even after having a snack before bed.
– You get tired of water, coffee and tea. I just want a damn diet coke!
– I missed my period this month. I’m on birth control and I still missed it. No, I’m not pregnant… I swear.
I looked this up AND asked my pharmacist when I picked up my prescription… It’s known that losing weight rapidly or not eating enough can cause you to miss your period…
– I broke out like a son of a gun. Just little bumps all over my face. I didn’t even have acne as a teenager! So this was bizarre to me. I also looked this up and read that it could be my hormones all out of whack.
That can certainly happen when you go from eating pizza, doughnuts and a block of cheese to eating clean foods only!
Overall, this was a successful 21 days. Would I do it again? Maybe if I had to jump start my weight loss. Or if my acid reflux was out of control.
Would I recommend it? Sure! It was harmless. Just a little boring.
Fad or Fab scale 1-10… I’d give it a solid 8. 😊
Thanks for reading, as always. I look forward to sharing my story with you tomorrow, as well as my first day on Weight Watchers! ♥️💪