I made it through another month.
Remember last night when I said don’t expect much from my results?
I was terrified of stepping on the scale today, but I knew I had to do it.
Ready for this?
I weigh exactly the same as I did at the beginning of the month. 175.7.
How? I’ll tell ya…
With me, it’s all or nothing.
Tell me I can have a slice of pizza, I’ll definitely have that slice of pizza. Tell me I can have cake, I’m fucking eating cake.
And I did.
And so much beer. I don’t even like beer that much.
So, really, the only time I’d do this diet again is if I were maintaining my weight. It definitely puts things into perspective for you as far as seeing points values. It also has some flaws, I think.
I say that because of the one day that sticks out most in my memory this past month. There was a day I was in California and I had a delicious, fresh açaí bowl. It was 21/23 of my daily points. Really?! But I could’ve had 2 slices of pizza for 20/23 points.
There are definitely a lot of flaws to Weight Watchers. It wasn’t the diet for me.
Fad or Fab scale 1-10:
I give WW a 3/10. I can see how it could work for some people, but obviously not for me.
Here are my pros & cons:
- You learn some portion control
- The “zero points” foods encourage you to eat whole, non-processed foods.
- You can treat yourself and eat anything you may be craving
- You can be social (go out for food and drinks)
- The app sucks. 80% of the things I searched didn’t show up, therefore I had to “guesstimate” a lot of the time based on other foods in the database.
- My face broke out so badly from eating anything I wanted
- I was constantly bloated. So. Bloated.
- I still haven’t gotten my period (no, I’m not pregnant)
- I literally ate tums everyday. I had the worst heartburn ever.
- I had diarrhea (sorry for TMI) a lot more often than in January with 21 Day Fix
- The points system seems a bit screwy to me (based on the açaí bowl vs. pizza observation.
Bye, WW! 😄
Day one of WHOLE 30 started today and I’m pretty excited for this one.
I said bye bye to cheese and bread last night and went straight to Wegmans today to get all sorts of WHOLE30 compliant foods.
I didn’t get much at all (small cart 😝)
I got organic beef, organic chicken, a bunch of produce (mix of veggies & fruit), sparkling water, olives, and nuts (cashews & pistachios).
My total came to $94 😩
When I got home, I cleaned out the fridge of anything non compliant (minus the little beer/soda stash for guests).
This is a sad lookin refrigerator.
Day 1 went great. And I ate scrambled eggs for dinner. I’m sure I’ll have more to share after a couple more days 😊
Thanksfor readin! ♥️